Public Safety

Cedar Rapids Police: Man dies as a result of an electrical shock

A man who suffered from an electrical shock in a detached shed died Wednesday despite being transported to a hospital for treatment.

According to a media release from the Cedar Rapids Police Department, at 12:38 p.m. on Wednesday emergency responders were called to 63 Leisure Boulevard NE to assist an individual in a detached shed who “had suffered injuries from a possible electrocution.”

As Cedar Rapids police responders arrived on scene, according to the release, they found firefighters already there tending to the man who was “the victim of an electric shock.” The man was transported to St. Luke’s Hospital for treatment of his injuries, but he was later pronounced dead.

The identity of the man is being withheld from the public until next of kin can be notified of his death.

According to police, investigation into this incident remains ongoing and no other information will be released.

Give us feedback

We value your trust and work hard to provide fair, accurate coverage. If you have found an error or omission in our reporting, tell us here.

Or if you have a story idea we should look into? Tell us here.

CONTINUE READING

Give us feedback

We value your trust and work hard to provide fair, accurate coverage. If you have found an error or omission in our reporting, tell us here.

Or if you have a story idea we should look into? Tell us here.