The Cedar Rapids Police Department says they have continue patrol presence after a suspicious white van was reported by two children near Memorial Drive and Bever Avenue SE.
According to a post on the department’s Facebook page, the two children, aged 7 and 10, reported the incident that occurred Sunday night at the previously mentioned location. The children told police that they saw a white van in this area slow down with two occupants watching them. They reported that they felt as if “the two individuals were going to do something bad” so they ran home and told their mother, according to the post. The incident was reported to police afterward and no van was found.
While police say evidence is insufficient “to substantiate that this was an attempted abduction,” they have continued the patrol presence in the neighborhood to make citizens feel safe. They also emphasized that reporting the van was the correct thing to do.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Highlights: Iowa football falls to No. 16 Wisconsin in final minute
- Against Wisconsin, Iowa coulda, shoulda, didn’t
- Game Report, Iowa vs. Wisconsin: Numbers, notes, grades and more
- Unsung quarterback Alex Hornibrook comes up big for Wisconsin at Iowa
- Energy giants join coalition to slow climate change
- Aide to Chuck Grassley quits over harassment allegation