A second news conference is scheduled for today at 2:30 p.m. at the Cedar Rapids City Hall Council Chambers.
The conference will provide updates to flood protection efforts, as well as up to date information on road closures, and the projected Cedar River levels.
The Gazette will provide full coverage of this conference, including a livestream available here.
MORE 2018 FLOOD ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Truck-into-home crash wasn’t first for Iowa semi driver, records show
- Hiawatha man charged with three counts of attempted murder
- Wyoming man charged with assaulting woman on Meskwaki land will remain in jail pending trial
- I-380 high speed chase ends with driver’s vehicle rolled and submerged in water
- Tipton man sentenced to 50 years for sexual exploitation and child porn
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics retains Magnet status for nursing