A Cedar Rapids man poured gasoline on a porch in southeast Cedar Rapids and set it on fire Saturday, according to police.
During the Cedar Rapids Police Department investigation of the fire at a home in the 100 block of 35th Street Drive SE, Jeremy Lang, 41, admitted to causing the fire by using gasoline and lighting it, according to a Linn County criminal complaint.
Lang has been charged with first-degree arson, which is a Class B felony punishable by up to 25 years in prison.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Jones County in Iowa records first coronavirus death
- These are the Iowa Freedom Riders’ demands in Iowa City and the status of each
- Marion Black Lives Matter group making 6 demands of city leaders
- Sports betting saves Iowa casinos from major losses during pandemic
- Iowa State to trim presidential pay, offer ‘voluntary retirement’ amid budget cuts
- Cedar Rapids removing tree debris after weekend storm