An investigation by the Cedar Rapids Fire Department has determined the fire at Dental Prosthetic Services in July was unintentional.
According to a news release, the fire was caused by a natural gas leak from a bunsen burner that was not completely shut off.
On July 28 at 1:08 p.m., the Cedar Rapids Fire Department responded to a call of heavy smoke and fire from the rear of Dental Prosthetic Services at 1900 51st St. NE.
Firefighters determined the origin of the fire contained compressed oxygen and denatured alcohol, according to the release. After the was area contained, the multiple units on scene worked to put out remaining fires.
The building sustained heavy fire and smoke damage throughout.