CEDAR RAPIDS — A Cedar Rapids man used social media to entice a 15-year-old girl for sex, police say.
Brian A. Barnes, 30, engaged in a sex act with the teen after sending the social media messages, even though he knew she was younger than 16, according to a Linn County criminal complaint. Investigators say Barnes admitted to the sex act, which allegedly happened at an apartment in Cedar Rapids.
Barnes has been charged with third-degree sexual abuse, a Class C felony, and enticing a minor, a Class D felony. He is being held at the Linn County Jail on a $50,000 cash-only bond.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Nate Sanderson resigns as Linn-Mar girls’ basketball coach
- Linn County gets green light to open mental health center
- Overnight Walmart hours to end at three Cedar Rapids area locations
- On Iowa Podcast: Coy Cronk’s arrival, who replaces Kirk Ferentz one day, and free T-shirts
- Iowa women's basketball navigates past Ohio State for another home win
- Bill would require University of Iowa medical, dental colleges to admit more Iowans