CEDAR RAPIDS — A Cedar Rapids man used social media to entice a 15-year-old girl for sex, police say.
Brian A. Barnes, 30, engaged in a sex act with the teen after sending the social media messages, even though he knew she was younger than 16, according to a Linn County criminal complaint. Investigators say Barnes admitted to the sex act, which allegedly happened at an apartment in Cedar Rapids.
Barnes has been charged with third-degree sexual abuse, a Class C felony, and enticing a minor, a Class D felony. He is being held at the Linn County Jail on a $50,000 cash-only bond.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Former Iowa DB Maurice Fleming adds to accusations made against Kirk Ferentz, Chris Doyle
- School reopening plans: Iowa City to require masks while Cedar Rapids, Linn-Mar, College Community, Marion decisions coming soon
- University of Iowa faculty, instructors share fall fears with students
- Liberty’s Kara Maiers no-hits Linn-Mar, then the Lions salvage a split
- 2020 Zach Johnson Foundation Classic canceled
- 4A, 3A Iowa high school baseball teams get substate assignments