CEDAR RAPIDS — A Cedar Rapids man used social media to entice a 15-year-old girl for sex, police say.
Brian A. Barnes, 30, engaged in a sex act with the teen after sending the social media messages, even though he knew she was younger than 16, according to a Linn County criminal complaint. Investigators say Barnes admitted to the sex act, which allegedly happened at an apartment in Cedar Rapids.
Barnes has been charged with third-degree sexual abuse, a Class C felony, and enticing a minor, a Class D felony. He is being held at the Linn County Jail on a $50,000 cash-only bond.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Jordan Bohannon’s season finale could be Thursday at Iowa State
- Iowa’s family planning service use plummets 85 percent after switch to new program
- Iowa high school basketball roundup: Gazette area scores, stats and more (Dec. 10, 2019)
- Linn-Mar girls' basketball makes the final push, edges Cedar Rapids Washington
- UNI men’s basketball takes down No. 24 Colorado