The Explore Oceans YouTube channel has set up a live camera feed from the “Frying Pan” lighthouse off the coast of North Carolina, where hurricane Florence will soon make an appearance.
High wind speeds have already begun to affect the area and a flag being blown violently by the wind can be seen in the video.
According to the National Weather Service, hurricane Florence currently has a maximum sustained wind speed of 105 miles per hour.
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Girls’ basketball all-conference selections
- Major flooding three times more likely in Cedar Rapids this spring, National Weather Service reports
- Winter weather puts damper on business for local restaurants
- Panel adds another $10M to University of Iowa Children’s Hospital bill
- Parents urge man who killed their son in Greene Square dispute to change his life
- Mayor: Cedar Rapids residents want speed cameras