The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Thursday approved Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd’s generic version of Mylan NV’s EpiPen for the emergency treatment of allergic reactions.
“Today’s approval of the first generic version of the most-widely prescribed epinephrine auto-injector in the U.S. is part of our long-standing commitment to advance access to lower cost, safe and effective generic alternatives once patents and other exclusivities no longer prevent approval,” FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said.
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Wieskamp banks, Hawkeyes get another unlikely cash
- Iowa state wrestling championships 2019: Live updates, stream, schedule, results
- Perseverance powers Linn-Mar’s Jacob Wempen to state wrestling title
- 3A No. 9 Waukon girls’ basketball earns state tournament bid with second-half blitz of No. 13 Davenport Assumption
- Blake Pietila shines in net as C.R. RoughRiders knock off Waterloo, 2-1
- Avoid delinquent loans with better planning