WASHINGTON — U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will meet by May and Kim has pledged to refrain from further nuclear or missile tests, South Korea’s national security chief said on Thursday after briefing White House officials on talks between Seoul and Pyongyang.
“Kim pledged that North Korea will refrain from any further nuclear or missile test,” South Korea’s National Security Office head Chung Eui-yong told reporters at the White House.
“President Trump ... said he would meet Kim Jong Un by May,” Chung said. (Reporting by Steve Holland; Writing by Mohammad Zargham; Editing by Eric Beech)
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Can Iowa manufacturers attract more women employees?
- UI Labor Center director passionate about worker rights
- Marion prepares for third fire station
- Iowa City High’s Zach Jones flashes skills at Iowa Shrine Bowl before walking on at Iowa State
- Sean Boardman propels North Linn into state baseball semifinals
- In Iowa's first 2002 game, you knew it was going to be good from the first quarter