WASHINGTON — U.S. President Donald Trump said in a tweet on Friday he is putting a decision to allow imports of big game trophies on hold until he can “review all conservation facts.”
The rule released on Friday allowing hunters who kill elephants in Zimbabwe to bring their trophies back to the United States outraged animal activists.
(Reporting by Eric Beech; Editing by Mohammad Zargham)
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Play Action: No. 16 Wisconsin Badgers at Iowa Hawkeyes
- Both rivals for congress wary of poll with big lead for Finkenauer
- Truck-into-home crash wasn’t first for Iowa semi driver, records show
- Person of interest in Duchess Cleaners fire faces arson charges in other cases
- The mind and the games for Matt Nelson
- How America is picking Wisconsin-Iowa