WASHINGTON (Reuters) — U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday said his administration will be suing some drug companies as part of its fight against the opioid drug crisis, without giving more detail.
“We’ll be suing certain drug companies for what they’ve done with the opioids and we’ll be bringing suits at a federal level,” Trump told reporters at the White House days after outlining several steps to combat the epidemic.
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Police investigating Sunday night shooting that injured bystander
- University of Iowa president in top quarter of public higher education pay
- More than 2,000 naloxone kits distributed in Iowa
- Siblings with University of Iowa ties may face deportation
- Iowa high school state softball 2018: Our predictions
- New state softball tournament format means fewer consolation games