U.S. regulators assured Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin that nothing is out of the ordinary in the financial markets, Bloomberg reported on Monday citing a source familiar with the matter.
Mnuchin spoke with officials from the Federal Reserve, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Bloomberg reported.
The regulators also briefed the treasury secretary on their plans for monitoring markets during the government shutdown, Bloomberg reported, citing the source.
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa basketball rallies for overtime win over Indiana
- One spot for every three children: The child care shortage of Iowa Falls hurts workforce growth
- Iowa men's basketball vs. Indiana: Final score, stats, highlights
- 3 things to know about this weekend’s winter blast
- Body found in burning vehicle in rural Johnson County
- Luka Garza, meet Luke A. Garza