CEDAR RAPIDS — Rep. Ashley Hinson, R-Marion, will travel to Wuahn and Hangzou, China, Saturday through Sept. 29 with the State Legislative Leaders Foundation to participate in the second annual US-China Subnational Legislatures Cooperation Forum.
She will join other legislators from across the country to meet with Chinese leaders and attend various presentations focused on infrastructure, changes in technology and the issues faced by public officials whose jurisdictions border the Yangtze River in China and the Mississippi River in the United States.
“This is a really great opportunity to build relationships with leaders abroad in China, as well as across the country,” Hinson said. “I’m looking forward to learning how we can continue to strengthen cooperation between China and the United States.”
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Man charged with murder in death of former Iowa State Big 12 champion golfer
- Semi driver strikes Marion home, knocking it from foundation, setting it on fire
- Man charged in stabbing death of Mollie Tibbetts to be arraigned Wednesday
- Report: Ethanol maker shuts down 2 Iowa plants
- University of Iowa fires lecturer warned of harassment
- College football's cut blocking rule and Iowa's stance explained