Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter underwent an elective surgery at Emory University Hospital and his prognosis is “excellent” for a full recovery, The Carter Center said in a statement on Monday.
Carter, the 39th U.S. president, had an operation to remove a small mass in his liver, the center said.
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa women’s basketball spreads out the points late, rallies past Drake, 103-97
- Lisbon man charged after high-speed chase from Central City into Jones County
- Chew on This: Zoey’s Pizza reopens in Marion, Table closes in North Liberty
- Jordan Bohannon says Iowa will climb 2 more rungs — to No. 1
- Iowa City company raises $7.5 million for drone crop-spraying technology
- Sen. Chuck Grassley proposes 50% hike in oil, gas royalties on federal lands