Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter underwent an elective surgery at Emory University Hospital and his prognosis is “excellent” for a full recovery, The Carter Center said in a statement on Monday.
Carter, the 39th U.S. president, had an operation to remove a small mass in his liver, the center said.
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- With only days left to apply, FEMA says $28 million given in derecho relief
- Finkenauer, Hinson spar over health care plans in Iowa 1st District race
- Springville superior in a 1A regional volleyball final sweep of Belle Plaine
- Stoney Point YMCA for sale as pandemic takes financial toll on Cedar Rapids organization
- Coronavirus hospitalizations in Iowa soar for third straight day
- Wilton sweeps West Branch in 2A regional volleyball final