Ford Motor Co said Wednesday it is recalling 1.38 million vehicles in North America for potentially loose steering wheel bolts that could detach, in a callback linked to two accidents and one injury.
The second largest U.S. automaker said the recall covers 2014 through 2018 model year Ford Fusion cars and 2014-2018 Lincoln MKZ vehicles built at plants in Michigan and Mexico. Dealers will replace the steering wheel bolt with a longer bolt.
MORE Nation & World ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Marion man cited for animal abuse after severely injuring rescue dog
- Killing on the course: Death of acclaimed ISU golfer ‘senseless’
- Judge revokes probation for man with 67 no-contact violations
- At 95, Cedar Rapids man struggles to walk but trikes everyday
- Iowa-Wisconsin might be the Big Ten West championship game
- Fast-paced as ever, West Delaware sweeps Marion