Hy-Vee has issued a recall on six meat and potato products after learning of a possible salmonella and listeria contamination.
According to a news release from the company, the products in question are being recalled because they use caramelized mushrooms and fire-roasted tomatoes from McCain Foods, which announced those products are being recalled due to potential contamination. No illness have been reported in connection to the products.
Symptoms of salmonella in healthy adults can include fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rarer circumstances, infection with salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections, endocarditis and arthritis. The organism can also be fatal in young children, the elderly, and individuals with weak immune systems.
Symptoms of listeria monocytogenes in healthy adults can include high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea; however, the organism has been known to cause miscarriages and stillbirths in pregnant women and can also be fatal for children, the elderly, and individuals with weak immune systems.
The food in question all have a “Best if used By” date of October 22, 2018 or sooner and include the following products:
• Hy-Vee Bacon Wrapped Cowgirl Chicken Grillers — 8 ounce each UPC Code 023092600000
• Hy-Vee Fire Roasted Tomato, Spinach, Mozzarella Twice Baked Potato — 5 ounce each UPC Code 023755400000
• Hy-Vee Cowgirl Chicken Griller Patty — 6 ounce each UPC Code 023100200000
• Hy-Vee Gourmet Steakhouse Mushroom & Swiss Burger — 6 ounce each UPC Code 023168400000
• Hy-Vee Ground Beef Sliders Mushroom & Swiss — 2 ounce each UPC Code 023164300000
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT
• Hy-Vee Ground Beef Sliders Mushroom & Swiss — 12 count, 30 ounces UPC Code 023266600000
If you purchased any of these products with a “Best if Used By” date of Oct. 22, 2018 or sooner, you should not consume them, Instead, dispose or return them to your local Hy-Vee for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Hy-Vee representative at 1-800-772-4098.