5:25 p.m. Effigy Mounds National Monument Temporarily Closed
Effigy Mounds National Monument will be closed effective at sunset today. The closure includes all hiking trails within the monument.
Monument managers said they will provide updates on the park website, nps.gov/efmo, and on its Facebook page.
10:58 a.m. 10 more Iowa deaths due to coronavirus
The Iowa Department of Public Health on Saturday reported 10 more deaths in the state related to the coronavirus.
The department said there were 181 additional cases of Iowans testing positive for COVID-19, for a total of 2,513 positive cases.
There have been an additional 974 negative tests for a total of 20,434 negative tests to date, which includes testing reported by the State Hygienic Lab in Coralville and other labs.
According to the department, an additional 10 deaths were also reported, 193 are currently hospitalized and 1,095 Iowans have recovered.
The additional deaths were reported in the following counties:
• Appanoose County, 1 older adult (61-80 years)
• Linn County, 1 middle-age adult (41-60 years), 2 elderly adults (81 and older)
• Louisa County, 1 older adult (61-80 years)
• Muscatine County, 1 elderly adult (81 and older)
• Polk County, 1 elderly adult (81 and older), 2 older adults (61-80 years)
• Tama County, 1 middle-age adult (41-60 years).
04:56PM | Wed, June 03, 2020
04:12PM | Wed, June 03, 2020
01:19PM | Wed, June 03, 2020