Watch a replay from The Gazette of the Iowa’s Racing and Gaming Commission’s decision to deny all three Cedar Rapids casino applications 3-2, when it met at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the Diamond Jo Casino in Dubuque.
On the table were the $40 million Wild Rose Cedar Rapids proposed for next to the Skogman Building on First Avenue SE, and two choices from the Cedar Rapids Development Group-Peninsula Pacific: the $105 million Cedar Crossing Central attached to the DoubleTree Hotel on First Avenue NE and the $165 million Cedar Crossing on the River proposed for land at First Avenue and First Street SW.
MORE Government ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Iowa high school football 2018: Area district predictions
- Marion Police chief discusses his strategic five-year plan for the police department
- Prep volleyball 2018: Area players to watch
- Financial literacy? Not all Iowa students in a hurry to learn money skills
- Time Machine: Mildred Pelzer, a student of Grant Wood
- Prep volleyball 2018: Area teams to watch