Several hundred Iowa high school students gathered outside the Iowa Capitol building for a rally Friday that included slogans, signs, singing and speeches to mark the anniversary of the Columbine High School shooting in Colorado, and to express ongoing concerns about school safety and gun-law restrictions.
MORE Government ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Jake Wilson search: Father Mike Wilson arrested for assault following news conference
- Preseason Iowa high school football rankings: Defending champion Xavier leads the pack in 3A
- Crisis Center of Johnson County debuts expanded warehouse
- Officials: Jake Wilson's remains likely found by kayakers in Wolf Creek
- Tornado touches down in Jones County
- Drunk motorcyclist takes police on high speed chase down I-380, reaching 111 mph