CEDAR RAPIDS — A segment of A Avenue NE by UnityPoint Health-St. Luke’s Hospital is closed to traffic as inspectors examine the structural integrity of a skywalk that appears to have been struck by a construction vehicle, the city announced.
The avenue is closed to traffic between 10th Street NE and Coe Road NE. The city said only patient access is allowed.
The city did not immediately have word on when the street would be able reopen.
MORE Government ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- No ‘mansplaining’ necessary
- Western Dubuque downs Solon for Class 3A state football championship
- After surrendering an early TD, Western Dubuque’s defense turns it on in 3A championship game
- Giant Garza, jet Toussaint help Iowa roll to win over North Florida
- Execution for Iowa mass killer Dustin Honken on hold
- Photos: 3A Championship Solon Spartans vs. Western Dubuque Bobcats