CEDAR RAPIDS — A segment of A Avenue NE by UnityPoint Health-St. Luke’s Hospital is closed to traffic as inspectors examine the structural integrity of a skywalk that appears to have been struck by a construction vehicle, the city announced.
The avenue is closed to traffic between 10th Street NE and Coe Road NE. The city said only patient access is allowed.
The city did not immediately have word on when the street would be able reopen.
MORE Government ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Former Iowa DB Maurice Fleming adds to accusations made against Kirk Ferentz, Chris Doyle
- Iowa sees continued uptick in coronavirus hospitalizations
- School reopening plans: Iowa City to require masks while Cedar Rapids, Linn-Mar, College Community, Marion decisions coming soon
- University of Iowa faculty, instructors share fall fears with students
- Liberty’s Kara Maiers no-hits Linn-Mar, then the Lions salvage a split
- 2020 Zach Johnson Foundation Classic canceled