CEDAR RAPIDS — A segment of A Avenue NE by UnityPoint Health-St. Luke’s Hospital is closed to traffic as inspectors examine the structural integrity of a skywalk that appears to have been struck by a construction vehicle, the city announced.
The avenue is closed to traffic between 10th Street NE and Coe Road NE. The city said only patient access is allowed.
The city did not immediately have word on when the street would be able reopen.
MORE Government ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- 13-year-old robbed at knifepoint in NW Cedar Rapids Tuesday
- Iowa makes do with what it has in the secondary
- Idle Hawkeyes climb to 14th in college football polls
- Photos: St. Wenceslaus Goulash Day in Cedar Rapids
- Monarch’s long journey to hibernation can be deadly
- Car debt is on the rise in Iowa. Is it the next bubble?