A judge has ruled crossed-out signatures will not count in Ron Corbett’s petition to be included on the gubernatorial primary ballot, meaning the former Cedar Rapids mayor and GOP gubernatorial candidate is now out of the running.
In a news conference shortly after the ruling, Corbett said he will not appeal the decision and answered questions from reporters.
Replay the audio from that conference above, and read the full story: Ron Corbett will not appear on GOP primary ballot.
MORE Government ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- UI Labor Center director passionate about worker rights
- Iowa's offense was pretty new in 2017, so, yeah, it got pinned a few times
- Illicit massage crackdown in Cedar Rapids raises questions
- This wasn't the 'fun' Iowa-Syracuse game, this was the Orange crushing
- Cyclists hit the road for RAGBRAI: Follow along online — I’ll do the pedalling
- Marion prepares for third fire station