CEDAR RAPIDS — The Hawkeye Area Labor Council is endorsing Monica Vernon in the Cedar Rapids mayoral run off and Justin Shields in the Cedar Rapids district 5 runoff, the organization announced on Wednesday.
Newcomers Vernon and Brad Hart face off in the race for mayor, and Shields, the district 5 incumbent, is challenged by Ashley Vanorny. The candidates reached the runoff by finishing among the top two voter earners in their respective races on Election Day, Nov. 7.
The runoff election is on Dec. 5, and voters should go to their municipal election voting location.
MORE Elections ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football 2018: Area district predictions
- Teens, local artist debut ‘Coexist’ mural
- Marion Police chief discusses his strategic five-year plan for the police department
- Prep volleyball 2018: Area players to watch
- Financial literacy? Not all Iowa students in a hurry to learn money skills
- Time Machine: Mildred Pelzer, a student of Grant Wood