The public will have a chance to weigh in on state plans to widen Interstate 80 to six lanes east of Iowa City in Johnson and Cedar counties.
An open-format meeting is set for 5 to 6:30 p.m. June 5 at West Branch Town Hall, 113 N. First, to discuss right of way needs with the Iowa Department of Transportation.
The plan is to widen I-80 from four lanes to six from about 1.5 miles west of the Herbert Hoover Highway in Johnson County to Charles Avenue in Cedar County, east of West Branch.
MORE Government ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Resigned University of Iowa diversity head telecommuting, can job hunt ‘during working hours’
- Linn County Auditor Joel Miller concerned about security of voter registration database
- Iowa City High searches for turnaround under loyal coach Dan Sabers
- Market After Dark 2019: What you need to know
- Market After Dark returns Saturday, here's what to expect
- 4 Downs with Iowa’s receivers: Outback Bowl was a preview on post-NFL tight end life