The public will have a chance to weigh in on state plans to widen Interstate 80 to six lanes east of Iowa City in Johnson and Cedar counties.
An open-format meeting is set for 5 to 6:30 p.m. June 5 at West Branch Town Hall, 113 N. First, to discuss right of way needs with the Iowa Department of Transportation.
The plan is to widen I-80 from four lanes to six from about 1.5 miles west of the Herbert Hoover Highway in Johnson County to Charles Avenue in Cedar County, east of West Branch.
MORE Government ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa baseball vs. Minnesota in Big Ten tournament: Final score, stats, highlights
- Sabers' metrics: A formula that would overhaul Iowa high school sports classification
- Tornado spotted over Iowa City
- Iowa baseball’s season ends with shutout loss to Minnesota in Big Ten tournament
- Iowa baseball vs. Nebraska in Big Ten tournament: Final score, stats, highlights
- Iowa City police investigate after finding man who suffered from ‘a trauma to upper torso’