Cedar Rapids and Coralville have Fourth of July events Wednesday that culminate with fireworks after dusk.
In Cedar Rapids, the Freedom Festival concludes. Here are details:
• Fifth Season 8K, 5K run/walk: 6 a.m. to 1 p.m., starting at Greene Square, Third Avenue and Fifth Street SE downtown; 8K begins at 8 a.m., followed by 5K.
• Pancake breakfast: 8 to 11 a.m., Veterans Memorial Building, 50 Second Ave. Bridge; $6 adults, $3 kids, $1 off with festival button. Music by Vintage Jammers. Free parking in May’s Avenue Parkade but cars must be removed by noon.
• Car Show: 8 a.m. to noon, Third Avenue Bridge; free to see, $15 participation fee.
• Celebration of Freedom fireworks: 4 to 10:30 p.m., downtown; festival button required for ages 9 and up at entry points. On the bridges: kids activities, food and beverages to buy, military vehicles. Coolers allowed on bridges; no outside food or drink at the amphitheater; no glass anywhere. Fireworks at dark.
• Freedom Festival concert: 5 to 9:45 p.m., McGrath Amphitheatre, 475 First St. SW; free with festival button. Airwaves from 5 to 6:30 p.m., then the Johnny Holm Band. No coolers allowed.
The Coralville 4thFest ends. S.T. Morrison Park will play host to food, a carnival and fireworks.
Iowa City held its fireworks display Sunday during Iowa City Jazz Fest.