RARE volunteers and veterinary technician Michele Nigg released a female eagle after she spent four weeks in recovery. The eagle had suffered a fractured wing and was being treated for high levels of lead in her blood.
Here are photos from the release on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- In Iowa City stop, Hawaii presidential hopeful pitches legal marijuana, Medicare for all
- Girls’ basketball all-conference selections
- Marion boys’ basketball on the doorstep of another state tournament trip
- Iowa sports betting bills advance
- Davenport Assumption outslugs C.R. Xavier in 3A substate semifinal, 40-38
- Steve King: ‘I have nothing to apologize for’