Families visited Indian Creek Nature Center Saturday to try their hand at syrup making and taste sap straight from the sugar maple trees.
Groups learned about traditional and modern ways of making maple syrup, and then had a chance to tap a maple tree and sample its sap. Click through the photos above to see the process.
Additional opportunities to learn about maple syruping are available throughout March, and the 35th annual Maple Syrup Festival will return to Indian Creek Nature Center March 24-25, 2018. More details are available at indiancreeknaturecenter.org.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Lindsey Culver's homer sends Jefferson to 5A state softball semifinals
- Hubbell calls for Boulton to resign, be held ‘accountable’
- Iowa City Council seat open after Kingsley Botchway II resigns
- Manchester welcomes North Linn with another state banner
- Cedar Rapids school district moves to fire teacher for 'inappropriate use of African-American baby doll'
- Ricky Stanzi's knee almost went the wrong way, but no pop and all was well