Maddie Poppe, the American Idol winner and native of Clarksville, Iowa helps during the opening ceremonies of the 2018 Iowa State Fair.
Poppe sang the national anthem, cut the ribbon alongside Gov. Kim Reynolds, and met with fans.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- North Liberty man convicted in second murder-for-hire plot
- Checking in with Iowa quarterbacks coach Ken O’Keefe
- Bourbon Creek Smokehouse latest venture by Butcher Block, Riley's group
- Iowa Chamber group presses for training workers, keeping tax credits
- From not winning any games to winning most of them
- Public unions ask Iowa justices to toss collective bargaining law