Maddie Poppe, the American Idol winner and native of Clarksville, Iowa helps during the opening ceremonies of the 2018 Iowa State Fair.
Poppe sang the national anthem, cut the ribbon alongside Gov. Kim Reynolds, and met with fans.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Nate Stanley: A fine example of exemplary behavior
- Former Iowa Barnstormers AAU basketball coach admits to taking part in child porn schemes
- University of Iowa college, unit leaders could make new raise schedule permanent
- Number of downtown Cedar Rapids hotels would triple under proposal
- Jason Moats, candidate for Iowa House District 84
- Hy-Vee recalls meat, potato products due to salmonella and listeria risk