Maddie Poppe, the American Idol winner and native of Clarksville, Iowa helps during the opening ceremonies of the 2018 Iowa State Fair.
Poppe sang the national anthem, cut the ribbon alongside Gov. Kim Reynolds, and met with fans.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- GOP lawmaker urges state needle-sharing program
- Identical twins, identical numbers: Keegan and Kris Murray have helped C.R. Prairie to great season
- Hedge fund guts newspapers
- Hawkeyes down Maryland, 86-73, for share of Big Ten lead
- After wild, wondrous week, serious work awaits Hawkeyes
- Mount Vernon’s Paul Ryan rises to the top