Maddie Poppe, the American Idol winner and native of Clarksville, Iowa helps during the opening ceremonies of the 2018 Iowa State Fair.
Poppe sang the national anthem, cut the ribbon alongside Gov. Kim Reynolds, and met with fans.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Mollie Tibbetts’ father heading back home to California
- Iowa high school football 2018: Area district predictions
- Ames could be nation’s economic harbinger
- Five more arrested in connection with Cedar Valley Townhomes brawl, bringing total to nine
- Iowa quarterbacks: Is Nate Stanley a first-round NFL draft pick?
- Prep volleyball 2018: Area players to watch