Maddie Poppe, the American Idol winner and native of Clarksville, Iowa helps during the opening ceremonies of the 2018 Iowa State Fair.
Poppe sang the national anthem, cut the ribbon alongside Gov. Kim Reynolds, and met with fans.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids’ indoor football franchise solicits fan submissions for new team name, logo, colors
- Iowa defensive line: A.J. Epenesa wears his heart on his shoulder
- Iowa offensive line: Tristan Wirfs is not afraid to throw down
- Cedar Rapids woman smoked marijuana before fatal crash, authorities say
- Prestige Dance Studio debuts Marion venue
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics picks new CEO