This photograph, taken around 1954 by the Cedar Rapids Parks Department, shows children blowing their best bubbles with bubble gum — presented in honor of today being National Chewing Gum Day.
If you can identify any of the youngsters in the photo, please share the names with Jami Roskamp at The History Center, by emailing her at email@example.com or calling (319) 362-1501, extension 110.
l Jami Roskamp is curator and education coordinator at The History Center in Cedar Rapids. Each month she profiles an artifact from the center’s collection.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- John Waters ‘ripped off’ at NewBo festival, among many still owed money after GO Cedar Rapids folded
- Linn-Mar teacher sexually abused teen, parents’ lawsuit alleges
- Iowa defense sees a different challenge in Maryland
- Reynolds, Hubbell debate Trump tariffs, responsibility for sexual harassment in Iowa government
- With coach on medical leave, inspired Mount Vernon wins regional volleyball opener
- MedPharm Iowa unveils new medical marijuana products