Members of the Coralville City Council and economic development groups participated Wednesday in a groundbreaking for a new events arena in Coralville’s River Landing.
Coralville has guaranteed up to $50 million in loans to a community development corporation to build the project. A variety of events, from concerts to athletics, will be presented there.
The 5,716-seat arena at 200 E. Ninth St. is expected to open in 2019.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Oatmeal, breakfast foods contain unsafe amounts of weed killer
- Crisp Cedar Rapids opens in NewBo City Market
- The greatest comeback in Iowa football history
- Cedar Rapids Kennedy shakes up coaching duties with playoff hunt in mind
- Iowa blocking 2 late UNI field goals may not be fully processed by everyone yet
- Mike Pence says farmers will ‘win like never before’