Plungers at the Special Olympics Iowa’s Iowa City Polar Plunge raised over $30,000 for Special Olympics Iowa this year.
The brave souls got their swim in on Saturday, one day before yet another snowfall hit the Corridor.
The event took place at the West Overlook Day Use Area in Iowa City, where plungers took a dip in the Coralville Lake.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa GDP growth outpaces the nation
- Coggon defendant ‘danger to community,’ judge says
- DeWitt Central ends Cedar Rapids Xavier’s 17-game winning streak in 3A district final
- Washington edges Jefferson in crosstown substate baseball semifinal
- Solon belts 4 home runs in district final triumph over Clear Creek Amana
- Assumption pops Benton in battle of last two 3A state softball champions