The Telenet UCI Cyclo-Cross World Cup was held this Saturday in Iowa City is part of an international circuit, primarily situated in Europe. The only other race in the United States is in Waterloo, Wis. The riders, many from Europe, arrived in town on Tuesday and begin training on Johnson County roads.
The event started on Friday and will continue through Sunday, part of the three-day Jingle Cross Festival held at the Johnson County Fairgrounds
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- John Waters ‘ripped off’ at NewBo festival, among many still owed money after GO Cedar Rapids folded
- Linn-Mar teacher sexually abused teen, parents’ lawsuit alleges
- Iowa defense sees a different challenge in Maryland
- Reynolds, Hubbell debate Trump tariffs, responsibility for sexual harassment in Iowa government
- With coach on medical leave, inspired Mount Vernon wins regional volleyball opener
- MedPharm Iowa unveils new medical marijuana products