A giant tree has sprouted in Greene Square just in time for Christmas. OK, maybe not sprouted, but placed there by crane on Monday.
The 25-foot Colorado blue spruce was cut down from a residence on the northwest side of town and transported to Greene Square by trailer. It will be wrapped with 1,200 feet of lights and more than 7,000 LED bulbs. The official lighting of the tree will be 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 24.
MORE Community ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- Iowa City rolls out larger recycling carts, continues composting, single-stream programs
- Capitol Ideas: Criminal justice reform a big win for Grassley
- Tyrell Gordon wins UNI debut, but Panthers fall to Cornell Big Red
- Iowa makes it 12 straight wins vs. UNI
- Motivated by home record, Iowa State women’s basketball beats No. 25 Drake