The World Theater has been mostly empty since the 1980s, and while the Guaranty building still holds its stately curb appeal, the inside has been underused and altered. That’s why historian Mark Stoffer Hunter is pleased to see the two buildings included in what would be the largest two-building historic preservation project ever in Cedar Rapids.
Explore below a full gallery of photos from inside the historic building that.
l Comments: (319) 398-8310; firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Parker Bechen persevered horrific injury to help lead second-ranked North Linn
- Elle Ridgeway’s clutch hits enable Williamsburg to gain split with Mount Vernon
- Shots fired, hit two cars late Thursday in northeast Cedar Rapids
- Take this civics test that captures the chaos
- Photos: Williamsburg vs. Mount Vernon, Iowa high school softball
- Naturalization ceremonies in Iowa resume with a little less ceremony to follow coronavirus social distance guidelines