Protesters march for a second weekend in Cedar Rapids on Saturday, this time starting in Bever Park at 5 p.m.
Last weekend, thousands marched through downtown Cedar Rapids to protest racism and rally for police reform following the death of George Floyd, a black man killed in police custody on Memorial Day in Minneapolis.
This Saturday's event begins at 5 p.m. in Bever Park, 2700 Bever Ave. SE, with speakers, and the march will begin at 6 p.m. The march will route back to the park for an open mic at 7 p.m. and end at 8 p.m.
Follow live coverage below from Gazette reporters and photographers covering the march.
For more details on Saturday's march, visit the event Facebook page.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school softball: It’s time for crossing fingers, holding breath — and social distancing
- Micro businesses set to open at West End Marion on Friday
- A broken light, a bunch of hit batters ... and a doubleheader split for Iowa City West, C.R. Kennedy
- Brooks Brothers files for bankruptcy
- Jay Niemann on Iowa’s defensive line, recruiting, his sons’ success and more
- Coronavirus pandemic saps Iowa casino revenue by about 20 percent