The U.S. Small Business Administration backed 43 loans totaling $16.7 million for Iowa businesses in September, the agency said Wednesday.
Among the recipients were three new and two existing businesses in Linn County, which received a total $3.2 million last month in loans.
The loans were issued by participating lenders using two of the SBA’s largest lending programs.
The recipients, and their approved loan amounts, include:
• Express America, a new general freight trucking business, in Cedar Rapids — $970,500
• C5 Holdings, an existing investigation services business, Cedar Rapids — $280,000
• Progressive Pain Solutions, LLC, new chiropractic offices, Cedar Rapids — $149,000
• McAfee Enterprises, an existing general purpose machinery manufacturer, Hiawatha — $1,700,400
• Stiles of Celebration, a new catering business, Marion — $100,000.
All together, the loans in Linn County will create 10 new jobs and help the businesses retain 44 more.
Comments: (319) 398-8366; email@example.com