CEDAR RAPIDS — Airlines serving Eastern Iowa Airport have increased the number of seats and flights available this summer.
The five airlines that serve the airport will begin offering more options in June, according to a news release.
“All of the airlines have either added flights, upgraded the size of aircraft to certain destinations and, in one case, we have an entirely new destination — Nashville — added to our flight map,” Airport Director Marty Lenss said in the release.
The announcement coincides with Allegiant Air’s seasonal nonstop flight to Nashville, which begins Friday.
For the remainder of May, Nashville flights will be offered on Fridays and Mondays. From June through August, flights also will be offered on Wednesdays.
• United Airlines will add a third daily flight to Denver.
• American Airlines is adding a fourth daily flight to Dallas and increased capacity to Chicago.
• Frontier Airlines will provide four to five weekly flights to Denver.
• Delta Air Lines is adding a third daily flight to Atlanta.
• Allegiant also will add a nonstop summer service to Los Angeles.
Lenss said the additional flights represent a strong regional economy.
• Comments: (319) 398-8309; email@example.com