(Reuters) - McDonald’s Corp’s has lost its rights to the trademark “Big Mac” in a European Union case ruling in favor of Ireland-based fast food chain Supermac’s, a decision from the EU’s Spain-based Intellectual Property office (EUIPO) showed.
The judgment revoked McDonald’s registration of the trademark, saying that the fast food chain had not proven genuine use of it over the five years prior to the case being lodged in 2017.
(Reporting by Soundarya J in Bengaluru; editing by Patrick Graham)
MORE Business ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Up a class, North Linn rolls back to boys' state basketball tournament
- Alburnett clinches first ever boys’ state basketball appearance
- Wintry mix and powerful winds in the forecast for Sunday
- Cedar Rapids River Kings let IFL season-opener slip away against Sioux Falls
- Iowa boys' basketball substate finals: Saturday's 1A, 2A scores, postponements, coverage
- Luka Garza, meet Luke A. Garza