Iowa’s gross domestic product fell in the second quarter of 2020 to the lowest level since 2016, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis.
Iowa’s GDP — now at about $179 billion — is down about 10 percent from Iowa’s GDP in the first quarter of 2020 and 8 percent from this time in 2019.
MORE Business ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Lisbon’s Cole Clark sets sights on state wrestling title
- Jack Nunge inspires Iowa men's basketball in 99-58 win over Western Illinois
- Cedar Rapids schools returning to in-person classes Monday
- Iowa legislative leaders not anticipating major coronavirus-related changes at Capitol
- Iowa reports 70 coronavirus deaths in one day
- Gov. Kim Reynolds: ‘Light at end of tunnel’ with coronavirus vaccine’s pending arrival in Iowa