More than a year after it declared its plans to buy Cedar Rapids’ largest employer United Technologies Corp. announced the completion of its acquisition of Rockwell Collins late Monday. Today, temporary signage for Collins Aerospace, a unit of UTC, is seen at the former Rockwell Collins buildings.
Rockwell will combine with Charlotte, N.C.-based UTC Aerospace Systems to form Collins Aerospace Systems. Collins Aerospace spokeswoman Pam Tvrdy-Cleary said there are no immediate changes planned as to how many employees will be based in Cedar Rapids or Collins Aerospace’s other locations in Eastern Iowa.
MORE ROCKWELL COLLINS ACQUISITION ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids Police Department looking for four theft suspects
- Johnson County cities to get updated bicycle master plan
- Iowa City Public Library director Susan Craig retiring after 41 years
- Reducing the language barrier
- Iowa budget would handle recession better than most states, analysis says
- Living together is commonplace but lacks the legal protections