Christopher and Banks has filed for bankruptcy and more than 400 of its stores will close, including its venues at Coral Ridge Mall in Coralville, CJ Banks at Lindale Mall in Cedar Rapids and its outlet at Outlets Williamsburg.
The women’s clothing retailer filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy, according to a news release. It has 23 stores in Iowa.
Merchandise and store fixtures are being sold. Discounts will not apply to online purchases.
MORE Business ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Kenzie Reed comes up big in Kennedy’s substate semifinal win over No. 9 Ottumwa
- It’s Caitlin Clark’s world, and we’re just living in it
- Father of Iowa drug sentencing reformer faces prison in meth case
- At Meskwaki Settlement School, a special boys’ basketball season reaches substate finals
- Hinson to vote against COVID relief bill, citing ‘Washington pork spending’
- 2 arrested, recruited by Iowa City landlord to break into tenant’s home armed with bats, police say