CEDAR RAPIDS — The Salvation Army hosted its annual community Thanksgiving meal from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at its Cedar Rapids facility, 1000 C Ave. NW.
The meal was sponsored by Veridian Credit Union and was open to anyone in need. No registration was required.
“This is the season to be grateful,” said Major Alan Hellstrom. “To see everyone come together, knowing that no matter what they have going on in their lives, at this moment they have something to be grateful for, that’s what makes this meal such a blessing.”
MORE Life ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Police investigating Sunday night shooting that injured bystander
- More than 2,000 naloxone kits distributed in Iowa
- University of Iowa president in top quarter of public higher education pay
- Siblings with University of Iowa ties may face deportation
- Dirty 'W': Jake Rudock, Iowa defense pull Hawkeyes out of the pit of ultimate darkness
- Iowa high school state softball: Monday's schedule, scores, live updates