IOWA CITY — Walkers, runners, hikers and cyclists will have to find some new routes for the time being thanks to flooding along the Iowa River.
According to a news release from the City of Iowa City, heavy rainfall has prompted the closing of several trail sections:
• Trail access under Interstate 80 near Waterworks Prairie Park
• The Iowa River Trail near McCollister Boulevard and Terry Trueblood Recreation Area
• Trail access near Hills Bank on Gilbert Street
• Iowa River Trail Highway 6 underpass south of Riverfront Crossings Park
Portions of Lower City Park are also closed until further notice, the city said.
• Comments: (319) 398-8238; email@example.com