Contestants lined up with their heifers outside a show barn at the Down 4 the Cause youth cattle show in Kirkwood Community College’s Iowa Equestrian Center in Cedar Rapids on Saturday, Nov. 24.
The show offers competitors from across the U.S. a variety of opportunities to show their cattle and win cash prizes.
Organizers received nearly 100 sponsorships from show supply vendors and breeders of show cattle nationwide and distributed those sponsorships of more than $65,000 to the junior exhibitors. Making Down 4 the Cause the largest payout show in the nation, according to a news release.
MORE Recreation ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school boys' basketball rankings: A new No. 1 in Class 2A
- As government shutdown looms, Sen. Joni Ernst not backing down on ‘Make ’em Squeal’ campaign
- Armed robbery suspect arrested after brief standoff
- Two men arrested after shooting at Cedar Rapids apartment building
- 3 state executives leaving Kim Reynolds’ new administration
- Iowa City schools closing Roosevelt education center