Contestants lined up with their heifers outside a show barn at the Down 4 the Cause youth cattle show in Kirkwood Community College’s Iowa Equestrian Center in Cedar Rapids on Saturday, Nov. 24.
The show offers competitors from across the U.S. a variety of opportunities to show their cattle and win cash prizes.
Organizers received nearly 100 sponsorships from show supply vendors and breeders of show cattle nationwide and distributed those sponsorships of more than $65,000 to the junior exhibitors. Making Down 4 the Cause the largest payout show in the nation, according to a news release.
MORE Recreation ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- Capitol Ideas: Criminal justice reform a big win for Grassley
- Tyrell Gordon wins UNI debut, but Panthers fall to Cornell Big Red
- Motivated by home record, Iowa State women’s basketball beats No. 25 Drake
- Iowa makes it 12 straight wins vs. UNI