Although Saint Patrick’s Day is not until Saturday, March 17, Dozens of runners in their best green attire found themselves celebrating the holiday early at the annual Bar2Bar 5K on Sunday.
The heavily themed fundraiser challenges participants to run a full 5 kilometers as they bar hop between 7 bars in northeast Cedar Rapids. This year’s course began at the Knights of Columbus then continued to Dick’s Tap & Shake Room, J M O’Mally’s, Tom’s Home Port, Just Jules Pub and The Sag Wagon, finally coming to an end at Green Gable Inn.
This year the fundraiser raised money for the Danny Did Foundation, which provides quality video monitors that alert parents if their child is having a seizure to those in need.
MORE Recreation ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Photos: Tornado rips through downtown Marshalltown
- Tornadoes cause injuries, severe damage in central Iowa
- Medicaid dental benefits cap delayed
- Search continues for missing UI Student, last seen in Brooklyn, IA
- Crews work to get Marshalltown back on its feet after tornado
- Man identified who was found in Iowa River