Q: Dear Ed: For my new kitchen I want a two-handle style kitchen faucet with a side spray. I know there’s a lot of fancy pullout and single handle faucets out there, but can you please let me know some basic two-handle faucet styles I can choose from? — Shelly, Washington state
A: I’ll break down two-handle kitchen faucets into three basic categories. Choose the category that fits you best and explore from there:
DECK MOUNT TWO-HANDLE
Prices range from low to high end. This is a three-hole install with a fourth hole for a side spray. Deck mounts can include a deck plate or individual components.
Mid- to high-end faucet with a second hole needed for a side spray. Both handles are designed into the rising spout assembly.
TWO-HANDLE BRIDGE FAUCETS
Higher-end faucet with faucet handles that connect like a bridge above the sink.
Along with a side spray sink hole, you can choose between a two- or three-hole faucet body, but cross that bridge when you get there.
MORE AT HOME MAGAZINE ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Lions on ice: the 'old engineering trick' used to place sculptures in front of Masonic library
- CEO-to-CEO call paved the way for UTC-Raytheon deal
- Scandal reveals ‘side door’ to top schools: Athletics
- Ray Kinsella's father returning to Field of Dreams, again, for 30th Anniversary
- Trade adviser has gains clout, critics
- Steve Timm on the future of avionics at Collins Aerospace