Q: Dear Ed: For my new kitchen I want a two-handle style kitchen faucet with a side spray. I know there’s a lot of fancy pullout and single handle faucets out there, but can you please let me know some basic two-handle faucet styles I can choose from? — Shelly, Washington state
A: I’ll break down two-handle kitchen faucets into three basic categories. Choose the category that fits you best and explore from there:
DECK MOUNT TWO-HANDLE
Prices range from low to high end. This is a three-hole install with a fourth hole for a side spray. Deck mounts can include a deck plate or individual components.
Mid- to high-end faucet with a second hole needed for a side spray. Both handles are designed into the rising spout assembly.
TWO-HANDLE BRIDGE FAUCETS
Higher-end faucet with faucet handles that connect like a bridge above the sink.
Along with a side spray sink hole, you can choose between a two- or three-hole faucet body, but cross that bridge when you get there.
MORE AT HOME MAGAZINE ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- UnityPoint and Sanford deal reflects national trend
- From Kinnick to Kernels, attendance decreases hit teams in Eastern Iowa
- UNI football updates: QB competition progresses, defensive backs emerging
- Crop duster hit power lines, tree before deadly crash in Sumner
- Color Web Printers reducing 25 positions
- 2 of Iowa’s 3 public universities see giving gains