Q: Dear Ed: For my new kitchen I want a two-handle style kitchen faucet with a side spray. I know there’s a lot of fancy pullout and single handle faucets out there, but can you please let me know some basic two-handle faucet styles I can choose from? — Shelly, Washington state
A: I’ll break down two-handle kitchen faucets into three basic categories. Choose the category that fits you best and explore from there:
DECK MOUNT TWO-HANDLE
Prices range from low to high end. This is a three-hole install with a fourth hole for a side spray. Deck mounts can include a deck plate or individual components.
Mid- to high-end faucet with a second hole needed for a side spray. Both handles are designed into the rising spout assembly.
TWO-HANDLE BRIDGE FAUCETS
Higher-end faucet with faucet handles that connect like a bridge above the sink.
Along with a side spray sink hole, you can choose between a two- or three-hole faucet body, but cross that bridge when you get there.
MORE AT HOME MAGAZINE ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- OK Iowa, get ready for a second spike in coronavirus cases
- Iowa football recruiting 2020: Hawkeyes went looking for potential offensive tackles
- Power Five leagues ask Congress for athlete compensation law
- Coronavirus drains Iowa tax collections
- Gov. Reynolds calls George Floyd’s death horrifying while Iowa activists organize protests
- CDC issues guidelines that could change the way we work