Closets come in all shapes and sizes, but regardless of the size you are going to want to maximize space and organization. Closets should be considered in the planning of a home, similar to a room. The best place to start is with a floor plan and a clear understanding of how you want the closet to be used. Here are some tips on how to get the most out of your closets.
• Consider using a professional closet company. These companies have experts in maximizing every inch of usable space. Be sure to arrive with measurements in hand.
• Include flexible built-ins. While built-ins help create a seamless look, if you use a system that can be moved from home to home or adjusted based on your needs such as a modular configuration, this will allow you to use your closet investment long term.
• Try white. White will be a neutral selection that won’t clash with other finishes in the home.
• Look for solid construction. Closets in some instances undergo wear and tear, so you will want to make sure your selections will stand the test of time.
• Create opportunities for both long- and short-hanging clothing. This will be especially important if your closet is shared with a partner.
• Use thin, space-saving hangers. Wooden hangers are often bulky and take up a lot of space.
• Consider baskets and bins. These are great for organizing closets and making everything look neat and seamless.
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT
• Color coordinate your closet. Often it is helpful to have a system in which dark clothing is separate from lighter fabrics.
• Have a shoe organization plan. So often shoes organization is an afterthought that impacts the utilization and appearance of a closet.
• Look for opportunities for hidden storage such as drawers and cabinets.
06:15AM | Mon, April 06, 2020
06:15PM | Sun, April 05, 2020
05:33PM | Sun, April 05, 2020