Many people have resolutions for themselves, so why not for the home? As a new decade and year settles in, now is a good time to implement some resolutions.
• Out with the old, in with the new. Now is the perfect time to toss items you no longer need or use.
• Finish outstanding projects. While many people set goals and lists for tasks, often many remain unfinished.
• Start a home decor fund, whether it’s just a few dollars a week or a bit more. Use this as a way to save for home decor items you may want to splurge on later.
• Host a swap. These have become the modern versions of a garage sale, in which friends or neighbors empty their homes of unwanted items and swap decor, furniture and accessories. You never know what may turn up!
• Create a relaxation zone. Having at least one area of your home dedicated to calm and quiet help create a more balanced environment.
• Purge! Editing and reevaluate on an ongoing basis.
• Take inventory. Have you ever purchased something only to realize you already own it? Having a method to take inventory of your belongings will help reduce waste.
• Organize. Organization is the key to a tidier home.
• Rotate your home decor. Now is an ideal time to refresh and renew.
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT
• Shop your house. Go into attics and closets and see what you may have hidden away that could be of use.
04:29PM | Sat, March 28, 2020
04:03PM | Sat, March 28, 2020
01:00PM | Sun, March 22, 2020