In real estate, they say that kitchens and bathrooms sell houses. But a killer closet certainly doesn’t hurt. Who doesn’t want a closet that’s as gorgeous as the pieces hanging inside it? Here are some ideas and inspiration for how to get a storage space so good-looking, you’ll want to keep the
ALL IN THE DETAILS
A dream closet needs more than hanging racks and drawers. For seriously stylish storage, incorporate unique materials, like Lucite. Artwork and accessories take a large closet to the next level. Consider favorite phrases or oversize images of favorite fashion pieces.
TAKE A SEAT
Too often, people don’t think about seating in a closet, but an ottoman or bench can be a great addition as it provides function and can even provide additional storage. Not to mention, it can also be a place to perch while you slip on shoes or decide on that day’s look.
SOLUTIONS FOR ANY SIZE
Organize not only by grouping like things together — shirts together, pants together — but also by color (ROYGBIV style — red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet — like an elementary school crayon box). Installing hooks or a valet rod will offer a spot to gather together tomorrow’s outfit and cut down on morning stress. Like in most spaces, lighting is key for closets. Incorporate a fixture that emits lots of light or splurge and add recessed can lights on a dimmer switch.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- 14-year-old girl facing felony charges after Cedar Rapids police nab her in stolen vehicle
- Safety violations found after attacks at Independence Mental Health Institute
- Iowa men's basketball bedeviled by DePaul in 93-78 rout
- Girls' basketball: Preseason Gazette area Super 10
- Fact Checker: Math doesn’t quite add up for Andrew Yang’s Amazon.com Iowa claim
- Hlas: Xavier Foster big for Iowa State, big loss for Iowa