In real estate, they say that kitchens and bathrooms sell houses. But a killer closet certainly doesn’t hurt. Who doesn’t want a closet that’s as gorgeous as the pieces hanging inside it? Here are some ideas and inspiration for how to get a storage space so good-looking, you’ll want to keep the
ALL IN THE DETAILS
A dream closet needs more than hanging racks and drawers. For seriously stylish storage, incorporate unique materials, like Lucite. Artwork and accessories take a large closet to the next level. Consider favorite phrases or oversize images of favorite fashion pieces.
TAKE A SEAT
Too often, people don’t think about seating in a closet, but an ottoman or bench can be a great addition as it provides function and can even provide additional storage. Not to mention, it can also be a place to perch while you slip on shoes or decide on that day’s look.
SOLUTIONS FOR ANY SIZE
Organize not only by grouping like things together — shirts together, pants together — but also by color (ROYGBIV style — red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet — like an elementary school crayon box). Installing hooks or a valet rod will offer a spot to gather together tomorrow’s outfit and cut down on morning stress. Like in most spaces, lighting is key for closets. Incorporate a fixture that emits lots of light or splurge and add recessed can lights on a dimmer switch.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Photos: Storm cleanup continues as officials visit Cedar Rapids
- Iowa football parents asking for answers from Big Ten
- Cedar Rapids firefighters deem over 1,000 buildings ‘unsafe to occupy’ after derecho
- Why is cellphone reception so bad after Iowa derecho?
- Millions of acres of Iowa corn, soybean crops heavily damaged by derecho, ag secretary says
- Gov. Kim Reynolds expects quick approval of disaster federal aid for Cedar Rapids storm recovery