Sometimes it is the unseen that can make an impact on your home. Fragrance is a silent yet powerful element that can influence the atmosphere and experience the moment someone sets foot inside your space. Here are 7 tips to keep in mind for incorporating fragrance into your home.
• Consider natural elements such as lemons and limes, which automatically add a powerful fragrance.
• Use blooms, even in the winter. Adding fresh florals can be a welcomed fragrant addition to nearly any space.
• Burn a fire. Whether you have a fireplace or wood stove, the scent of a fresh fire can help add a winter element as well as an inviting sense of warmth.
• Add accents such as diffusers and candles. They can help incorporate a continuous scent within a home.
• Look for alternatives to unnatural elements such as plug-ins. Often these elements introduce an artificial fragrance into the home, which can be unappealing.
• Infuse essential oils into your space either by using pure liquid sprinkled on key surfaces or using a diffuser.
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT
• Try using fresh herbs and flowering plants such as sage, lavender and mint. Fresh and fragrant, they will automatically bring an inviting scent.